At CPH and Associates we love any good reason to celebrate, and this month we found five! Check out these five fun observances worth commemorating during the month of June:
1. Say Something Nice Day (June 1st) – declared by Mayor Summey of South Carolina, Say Something Nice Day is a reminder to show your gratitude and say thank you to those who make your life better just by being a part of it. A little kindness can go a long way!
2. World Environment Day (June 5th) – sponsored by the United Nations, this year’s theme is “Think.Eat.Save,” an anti-food waste and food loss campaign that encourages us to reduce our carbon footprints. Global studies estimate 1.3 billion tons of food is wasted every year while 1 out of every 7 people in the world goes to bed hungry. With over 1/3 of food production being wasted or lost, this year’s theme aims to make us more aware of the impact our food choices have on not only our personal health, but the global health of our environment. To learn more visit: http://www.unep.org/wed/theme.
3. Positive Power of Humor and Creativity Days (June 7-9th) – in a busy world full of hustle and bustle, it’s easy to allow ourselves to get bogged down with day-to-day monotony. However, numerous studies have shown that keeping good humor provides tremendous health benefits including lowering blood pressure and reducing stress hormones. So perk up buttercup, and give us a giggle! ?
4. Celebration of the Senses (June 24th) – as we often take a good laugh for granted, the same goes for our sensory perceptions; getting so caught up in the busyness and neglecting to truly indulge our senses, the very things that make us feel alive. Find 6 ways to celebrate here!
5. Let It Go Day (June 23rd) – because you can. Free yourself from that which no longer serves you.
CPH and Associates is honored to provide professional liability insurance to those in the Mental and Allied Health professions that promote the importance of these lessons on a daily basis. While we love to have a reason to celebrate on special days, by incorporating these philosophies into our daily lives we’ll contribute to building a more healthy and positive environment for not only ourselves, but those around us. A small start today can have a huge impact on generations to come!