LAST UPDATED JULY 1ST, 2015
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
- What information we collect and how we collect that information,
- How we use the information we collect,
- When we may share information we collect, and
- Your choices regarding how to access and update information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
· Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Like many websites, we may automatically collect information about your visit to the Site, such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. We cannot personally identify you through this automatically-collected information.
In addition, we may collect demographic information to the extent that you provide it to us when using the Site, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, and interests. This information is not unique to you, and again, we cannot personally identify you using this type of information.
We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to provide and maintain the quality of the Site and its features, to understand traffic on the Site, to provide technical support, to administer the Site, and to analyze user behavior. We use this information to better understand how the Site is used and improve the functionality, performance and effectiveness of the Site and our users’ experience.
The demographic data we collect may be used to deliver customized content and advertising to you through the Site. We may also use non-personally identifiable information on an aggregate basis to provide statistics regarding use of the Site.
· Information Collected through Cookies and Similar Files: When you use the Site, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. “Cookies” are small data text files that are either used for the duration of a session (“session cookies”) or saved on a user’s hard drive (“persistent cookies”). Session cookies identify users logging onto the Site, and these cookies are deleted from the user’s server soon after the session ends and are not collected or saved. Persistent cookies will be saved on your server, and will recognize you when you return to the Site, store user preferences, and analyze user behavior. Like other automatically collected data, information collected through cookies is not used to personally identify you.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser’s settings to prevent that or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. Because each browser is different, you should look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to modify these settings. If you do disable cookies this may make your experiences on the Site less efficient.
· Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that could be used to personally identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. We may collect and use Personal Information about you in a couple of different ways:
· Our “Contact Us” Pages: When you send us email using any “Contact Us” or similar page or link on the Site, we will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. If appropriate, we may forward your inquiry, or some or all of the Personal Information you include with your inquiry, to one of the insurance carriers we work with so that they may respond. If we do forward your inquiry to one of our carriers, we cannot control how they may further use your information, and we do not accept any responsibility for how they may use it.
· Our “Interactive” Pages: The Site also has interactive pages, which are designed to permit you to apply for and purchase certain lines of insurance coverage and otherwise transact business with us, and our carriers, through the Site. Personal Information that you send using these interactive pages will be used by us and our carriers for various purposes, including:
- processing your application;
- administering your insurance (for example, billing, managing claims, processing renewals, and the like);
- using your information to directly offer you services or products available from us, our carriers, and third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- sharing such information with carriers and agents in accordance with industry practice in order to conduct the foregoing.
We cannot control how any carriers or other third parties with whom we share your information for policy processing and administration purposes may further use your information, and we do not accept any responsibility for how they may use it.
We may also use your Personal Information to help us customize your user experience, to increase the convenience of accessing new tools and features of the Site, and, as applicable, to provide information regarding your policy and other related products and services, including those we may offer in the future.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
In addition to sharing your information with carriers and agents as described above, we may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
1. We may share your information so that we or others may provide you with periodic mailings, or may contact you via the telephone, regarding products, services, or events. If you do not wish for us to share your information in this manner, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. We will also share Personal Information if we have your express “opt-in” consent to do so.
3. We may provide Personal Information to our affiliates and to our other trusted service providers who use that information only to conduct business on our behalf. For example, they may handle our data management and email distribution. We provide these service providers only with the information they need to perform their services, and work with them to respect and protect your Personal Information.
5. We may share information in connection with, during negotiations of, or as a part of the closing of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, litigation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about the users of our Site is among the assets transferred;.
We do not sell, rent, or lease the Personal Information we collect about you through the Site to anyone for any purpose, other than as disclosed.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
It is your responsibility to ensure that all Personal Information you provide to us is correct. If you have any reason to believe that any information you have provided us is incorrect and you wish to update this information, you should contact us at email@example.com.
We provide certain tools to manage the use of your information on the site and how and when you may receive communications from us. You can opt out of receiving communications from us by notifying us that you do not wish to receive such communications. However, please note that notwithstanding your email preferences, we may need to contact you as required by law or regarding legal matters. Opting out of receiving optional communications will not affect your receipt of communications related to the Site.
THIRD PARTHIRD PARTY SERVICES
We cannot control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. The Site does not respond to Do Not Track settings. In addition, we cannot assure you that all third parties servicing or placing advertisements on the Site will honor your Do Not Track request.
In order to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of any Personal Information you provide to us, we have put into place standard physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, no measures are foolproof, and no electronic data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we believe that we use reasonable measures to protect Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted or otherwise provided to us or received from us.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Site is not structured to attract anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who believes your minor child has accessed this Site and provided us with any Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have this information deleted from our records.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue by contacting us through the “Contact Us” link on the Site, or emailing us at email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.