Tis the season to be… stressed! With the holidays around the corner it’s hard to not feel on edge with everything that needs to be done. Party invites flooding your mailbox, cleaning and entertaining guests, while still trying to find that perfect gift for that special someone. It’s no wonder the holidays can be stressful. Here are a few tips on how to cheer up your holiday blues.
- Take time for yourself: The holidays are your time away from work and your everyday life, we forget that when we’re busy running around and entertaining guests. Remember to take a few moments for yourself, relax, read, or go for a run, whatever it is that you like to do, do it!
- Make a budget: Wanting to find the perfect gift for your loved ones is stressful but getting the bill a month later can cause a lot of troubles financially. Having a budget will save you from surprise expenses. Not every gift has to break the bank; the holidays are about being thankful and joyful not just gift giving.
- Plan out your shopping: Go into shopping with a game plan. Know who you have to buy for and an idea of what to get. Going to the mall without any sense of direction can just leave a person scattered and stressed. Also, avoid waiting till the last minute. Malls and stores are busier and depleted of inventory the longer you wait to shop.
- Don’t over book yourself: It’s ok to say no. Just because the guy you say hi to at work invites you to his Christmas party doesn’t me you should feel obligated to go. It’s a busy season; you don’t want to stress yourself out more. Pick the parties that mean the most to you and then go have fun!
- Remember what the holidays are about: Just forget about the perfect gift or the financial concerns. Relax and have fun! The holidays are about being with the ones you love. Appreciate who you have and who you’re with instead of focusing on the little details.
Don’t sweat the small stuff, that’s not what the holidays are about. This season instead of being stressed, take a second to look at what you have and not what you need. Cheers to the holidays and CPH & Associates wish you and your loved ones the best.