Emergency Nurses Week, is a “weeklong celebration recognizing emergency nurses for their dedication, service and commitment to their patients and communities”. Sponsored by Emergency Nurses Association. Emergency nurses are a special kind of people, they unfortunately see people during their most tragic events in life, yet they are expected to hold their head high day after day, to feel and give compassion and to help their patients recover from what is normally a horrific event.
Emergency nurses must think quickly on their feet, they respond to situations and remain calm during what seems to be a whirlwind of storms sometimes. We celebrate their patience and dedication to the people they serve every single day.
Emergency nurses day also takes place during this week, this is known as an International day and is also celebrated in Australia and Canada. This year, emergency nurses day takes place on Wednesday, October 9th. This day is perfect for recognizing the emergency nurses in your area.
5 Ways to Celebrate Emergency Nurses Week:
- Send a Thank You note to the local ER nurses and/or to those who have impacted your life in a positive way.
- Wear it proudly! If you are or have a loved one who is an emergency nurse – buy a bumper sticker, get a shirt, have a coffee mug for the day; whatever your preference wear it proudly to let others know how thankful we are for these special care givers.
- Get them a gift! A massage, a gift certificate, flowers, etc.
- Lunch! Receiving a free lunch or an extra hour during lunch is always a nice thing, especially for those living in this fast-paced lifestyle.
- Create a fun reward or certificate for them to show appreciation.
We at CPH and Associates thank all of our emergency nurse clients who serve daily to provide continued care for those in need.
How do you celebrate the emergency nurse(s) in your life?