Making sure you stay energy boosted while on a run means having ready to go, portable snacks you can take with you that are easy to carry, easy to eat, and easy to digest. These eight snacks fit the bill!
- Organic Trail Mix. This recipe uses sulfite free, organic ingredients including: Oregon Hazelnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Green Pumpkin Seeds, Dried Cherries, Dried Figs, and Dark, Fair Trade Chocolate Chips. It’s perfect for on the go.
- DIY Energy Drinks. These four recipes can be tailored to the time of day and hydrate you before, during or after your workout. The interesting blends of spices and flavoring keep things interesting!
- Homemade Coconut Almond Granola Bars. These gluten-free, oil-free, sugar-free homemade granola bars are naturally high in protein thanks to raw almonds and cashews. The basic recipe contains only unsweetened coconut, nuts, honey and pinch of salt, but you can easily add extras like chia seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds or dried fruit.
- Cranberry Pistachio No Bake Energy Bites. Oh, wow, yum. The sweet and slightly salty combination of the fruit and nuts is amazing and you can throw in a few white chocolate chips to brighten things up.
- Carrot Walnut Energy Mini Muffins. Need a boost? These energy muffins will give you everything you need to pick you up. Sultanas and coconut add a special texture and the dash of icing sugar on top gives them a sweet but not too sweet taste.
- Spinach, Grape, and Coconut Milk Smoothie. This is exactly what it sounds like – spinach, grapes, and coconut milk – tossed in the blender with ice and blended smooth. Add a dollop of yogurt to sweeten and hit the road with your smoothie container.
- Cherry Power Cookies. Are you a “cookies are for snacking” person? These will delight you. Cherry power cookies are packed full of antioxidant rich tart cherries, oats, nuts and seeds. They’re perfect for healthy on the go snacking.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Date Bars. Find banana chips boring? You won’t after you’ve tried these bars. They are a great allergy-friendly snack that’s safe for most dietary restrictions including nut free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, and gluten free!
Get in the kitchen and whip up each of these at least once. You might discover that your new favorite workout snack is one the whole family can enjoy!